Breakfast GO POWER!
Eat breakfast to THINK-LEARN-GROW-PLAY!
Abilene High School kids read breakfast cereal labels
||Fruits & Veggies at Breakfast
||Healthy Kids Challenge, Balance My Day™ nutrition curriculum (Grades K-2)
||Kids identify food group variety for breakfast
- whiteboard and dry-erase markers
- Remind kids how eating breakfast gives energy and nutrients for "GO Power" during the day!
- Talk about how a variety of choices from the MyPlate food groups (Vegetables, Fruits, Grains, Dairy, Protein) makes breakfast healthier and more interesting to eat.
- Ask kids if they have ever eaten veggies for breakfast? What about salsa on eggs? Or pumpkin muffins? Ask kids what other veggie choices they might consider eating at breakfast and write on the board.
- Ask kids what fruits they have eaten at breakfast? Ask what other kinds they might try and write on the board?
- Have kids think about eating a fruit or veggie, or both every day as part of a healthy breakfast.
This is a Taste and Learn activity in the Balance My Day™ nutrition curriculum (Grades K-2). For more activity ideas like the one above, check out other HKC resource materials. See the Online Store for descriptors and to view the Table of Content and booklet sample pages.