Use HKC events and parent connections to challenge kids and families to move more, and discover how to make the healthy choice EASY. Try our AWESOME interactive events for health fairs and parent nights.
Creative Minds Make
Smart Servings Easy
For Educators and Youth Leaders
Take Healthy Action with Smart Servings
Take Healthy Action for kids, family, co-workers and the community! Throughout 2015 we will help you initiate healthy change regarding nutrition and physical activity, using our Take Healthy Action booklet suggestions.
- Use the Classroom & Afterschool activities and WOWS Newsletter ideas to teach a Healthy6 message at school, home or in the community.
- Reinforce the message with the corresponding Healthy Me Challenge(HMC) to set goals. In addition, the HMC can be used for staff, community members or families.
- Send home the corresponding message Parent Tip with kids, staff and community members to practice at home.
- Find us on Facebook, Twitter and and Pinterest for other resources to help you take healthy action!
More Smart Servings resources!
Cigna Mix Six for Healthy Balance Toolkit - share the Smart Servings and other Healthy6 message tips with the families you know
HKC Food Cards - 156 common MyPlate food pictures for nutrition education activities
Serving Sizes and Portions, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute - helpful teaching resources about portion distortion and serving sizes
How to Connect with Parents
Encourage Parents with Hear, See, Do Tips
- Learn more on our blog, starting with How to Get Parents On Board with Healthy Changes.
- Test out our free printable Parent Tips, and then purchase your own set to use as health fair handouts or in any way that fits your needs.
- Cut and paste our WOWS newsletter Parent Tips into your own newsletters.
- "Develop Smart Servings Habits Check the Nutrition Facts labels of the foods you eat most frequently at home. Look for the suggested serving size and measure it on a plate so you can visualize a healthy serving."
"We have enjoyed this program so much because it enabled us to focus on how we can help our parents help their children become healthier and better informed about the roles of good nutrition and exercise. The smiles on the faces of those we serve say it all."-Library Director, Sabetha, KS
Parents, How Can YOU Take the Healthy Kids Challenge?
Make Healthy Choices Easy with Smart Servings
Challenge yourself and your kids to simple ways to make Smart Servings easier:
Try any of our monthly Healthy6 tip sheets or HealthyMe Challenges.